The NL services from 13 April 2021
Based on the Decision of the Ministry of Health of the CR No. MZDR 14601/2021-1/MIN/KAN from 6 April 2021, and the Recommendation of the Ministry of Culture of the CR on the operation of libraries from 9 April 2021, the National Library of the CR partially renews providing on-site library services to the public in the Klementinum, however in a limited mode.
Survey and conditions of providing services
From Tuesday, 13 April 2021, the Main Hall is open to provide selected services.
Opening hours of the Main Hall (until further notice): Monday to Friday 9 am – 7 pm
Services available in the Main Hall:
- Registration of new readers including the completion of pre-registration
- Renewal of reader cards
- Books ready for check-out before 5 March 2021
- These will be booked for you up to one week after opening.
- Newly ordered books
- You can place requests through the online catalogues from Monday, 12 April 2021, 12:00.
- Your orders will be processed in the standard period, i.e. in two to three days form placing the order, except for books having a note „longer delivery“; order processing of these books may take two working days.
- If it is not possible for you to order books online on your own, kindly contact us by phone at 221 663 248 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
- We will appreciate, when you bring your own ballpoint pen to sign the lending form.
- Loan period has been renewed until 3 May 2021 during the closure
- Fines for books overdue before 17 December 2020 has not been increased during the closure
- this does not apply to loans enforced by legal and judical means
- Books can be returned by using delivery services, if you decide for Česká pošta, it is necessary to send them as a registered/ insured shipment
Interlibrary loan service
- You can pick up and return your off-site IL loans.
- You can pick up copies delivered through the ILL service.
- You can pick up copies (reproductions) from the NL collections ordered beforehand.
Readers are only allowed to enter the Main Hall.
- Other library premises are closed to the public, readers may not enter there.
- Toilets are closed to the public.
- Concurrently, only twenty readers are allowed to enter and stay in the Main Hall.
- If there is already a maximum number of readers allowed in the Main Hall, other readers must wait and follow the instructions of the NL security agency and NL staff.
- Wear a respirator FFP2 or KN95 without an exhalation valve or a nanofiber face mask certified as FFP2 that fully covers the nose and mouth when arriving at NL buildings and inside the Library.
- Disinfect their hands at the NL building entrance, possibly also at the entrance to the Main Hall and the Slavonic Library.
- Keep a 2 meter distance according to the posted signs or instructions of the NL security agency and NL staff.
- Respect other instructions (written, spoken or visual) that help organize the movement and stay in the NL.
- Stay in the library only for the time strictly necessary.
The NL reading rooms remain closed until further notice.
From Tuesday, 13 April 2021, the Library of Librarianship Literature and the Slavonic Library partially renew providing services.
- You can order books designated for off-site loan in the KKL database.
- You can pick up and return off-site loans through the „dispensing window“.
Monday 9:00-12:00 and 13:00-17:00
Tuesday 9:00 - 12:00
Wednesday 9:00 - 12:00
Thursday 9:00-12:00 and 13:00-17:00
Friday 9:00 - 12:00
- Contact NL staff by phone at 221 663 348, when you are at the NL staff entrance (in the passage leading to the Student´s Yard).
- Wait there for their arrival.
- You can order books designated for off-site loan in the SLK database from Sunday, 11 April 2021, 8 am.
- Opening hours of the Slavonic Library: Monday to Friday 9 am – 7 pm.
- Readers of the Slavonic Library are allowed to enter the Slavonic Library under strict conditions and they are obliged to respect them.
- The stay inside the Library building is limited in time.
- Readers of the Slavonic Library must leave their outerwear and luggage in the cloakroom.