How to get book or copy from another library
The NL registered users with a valid library card can get documents that are not held in the NL collections (sources for verification can be found in the right column) through the Interlibrary Loan Services:
- from another library in the CR
- from abroad (if the requested document is not kept in the collections of any Czech library)
Accessibility of documents in other Czech libraries can be verified in:
- Union Information Gateway
- Union Catalogue of the CR (SKC and SKCP databases)
- EZB Portal (only for periodicals)
- Central Evidence of Foreign Literature – a card catalogue for books published between 1965 and 2000
To place a request, use the „ILL“ bookmark in the NL online catalogue - NKC database. When filling out the request kindly follow the rules concerning the basic bibliographic data. We will inform you in writing (by email or post) when the requested materiál is ready. You can request a loan of the whole document or a copy of its part. For any request (e.g. each individual article/ book) you must fill in a separate request form.
Guidelines to request documents and their copies from libraries in the CR
This service is free of charge. In case you order copies and the providing library charges a fee, you have to pay the charged amount.
A loan is usually the external one, if the lending library does not provide it otherwise. The loan period is given by the lending library. Request for the loan renewal must be sent before the final due date (if the loan period is not shortened by the lending library), the renewal request must be done by email, phone, or in person.
Guidelines to order documents and their copies from abroad
This service is charged, the payment is made after the delivery of a document or a copy. Fees are as follows:
- loan of an original document:
- the place of delivery Europe except for Great Britain – 250 CZK for one supplied loan
- the place of delivery Great Britain and overseas (all countries except for Europe) - 450 CZK for one supplied loan
- photocopy of a requested document: 40 CZK for every five even started master pages
The obtained document may only be studied in the NL reading rooms, photocopies are made only on self-service copy machines in the NL building. The loan renewal must be requested before the final due date of the loan (if the loan period is not shortened by the lending library), the renewal request must be done by email, phone, or in person.
The standard request processing period may be up to three months. If the request is not settled in this time you will be informed about that and you can request the document again, if you are still interested.