The Acquisition Department:
- secures current and retrospective acquisitions through purchasing, exchange and gifts
- keeps the acquisition list, secures timely processing of new acquisitions, and makes them accessible to the public
- secures the administration of periodicals
- secures binding of the publications
- processes and maintains the exchange fund of duplicates and the reserve fund. The fund of duplicates contains approximately 90 thousand volumes, most processed in a continuously updated database. Each year a list of duplicates for exchange is compiled.
- carries out writing-off and disposition of documents according to the relevant guidelines
The yearly acquisition of the Slavonic Library is approximately 9 000 volumes.
The library subscribe to approximately 350 titles of periodicals in the field of philology, history, art and politics of the Slavonic nations.