National Library of the Czech Republic
Rules for renewing the NL registration online
- The National Library of the Czech Republic (hereinafter only the NL CR) allows renewing the NL registration online (hereinafter only the online renewing) only to the registered and remotely registered NL users, who have settled all obligations to the NL CR and pay a fee for renewing the NL registration.
- If you apply for any of discounts (see The NL Fees and Services Price List), it is not possible to renew the NL registration online. In this case you have to apply for renewing the NL registration individually by e-mail (given in the reader´s account) sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or personally in the Main Hall.
Furthermore, it is not possible to renew the NL registration online in cases where the User proves a residence permit. The validity of such documents is often shorter than the validity of registration. In this case it is only possible to renew the registration personally in the Main Hall.
- The User will find information on whether the NL registered or remotely registered user can renew his/ her registration online in his/ her reader´s account (the Reader´s Section). Users with a valid registration can see the information for 30 days before their registration expires. If the registration has already expired, information about the possible online renewing is displayed for one year (365 days) from the end of the last registration period.
- Each time you log in to your reader´s account, there is always a new verification of whether you can be offered an online renewing the NL registration, which depends on the conditions stated in Sections 1. and 2., and time periods given in Section 3.
- The fee for renewing the NL registration can be paid only online by card from the link provided in the reader´s account of the registered and remotely registered user. The amount of the fee for one year (365 days) is governed by the valid NL Fees and Services Price List, Supplement No. 5 of the NL Rules. When the payment has been recieved a confirmation of payment and a confirmation of renewing the NL registration are sent to the e-mail address of the registered or remotely registered user.
- Users, who renewed their NL registration on the basis of online payment do not produce their identity document for re-verification during their first physical visit to the National Library of the CR. Based on the NL Rules (Part 4, Section 4), it remains mandatory for a user to immediately notify the NL CR of any change in data required by the NL CR in the registration form.
- Unless stated otherwise in these rules, the NL Rules shall apply.