Regulations for Providing Wireless Internet Access (Wi-Fi) in the National Library Reading Rooms
- In the reading rooms of the National Library, a service of wireless internet access (hereinafter only Wi-Fi) is available for the readers having valid reader card or entrance permission.
- There is no legal claim to this service and the National Library of the Czech Republic is not responsible for its possible failure or lower quality or whatever damage incurred to a reader as a consequence of the aforementioned circumstances.
- The National Library is not responsible for any liability, that may be incurred to the third person by a reader using the NL Wi-Fi service.
- The National Library provides neither appliances to use the Wi-Fi service nor technical support to the readers, who use it by means of their own appliance brought in.
- Use of the Wi-Fi service is subject to the valid Regulations for using internet and electronic information sources in the National Library, especially those stipulating that "Users are obliged to follow all general provisions of the National Library Rules and Regulations and to use information sources on internet in accordance with legal and moral standards."
- Wi-Fi service is only provided on a regular seat in a reading room, i.e. at a table.
- A reader, who studies works from the NL collections is entitled to be seated in the reading room preferentially.
- In the General Reading Room, the wireless network (SSID) is available under the name of "Studovna", in the Reference Centre and the Scholars Reading Room is the wireless network (SSID) "Centrum", in the Periodicals Reading Room is the wireless network (SSID) "Periodika", in the Slavonic Library Reading Room is the wireless network (SSID) "Slovanka" and in the Social and Natural Sciences Reading Room is the wireless network (SSID) "SSPV".
- Information on technical parametres of the service are published on the National Library web pages.
In Prague, 21st June 2005
PhDr. Hanuš Hemola
Head, Public Services Division